Tips famous Dr. Clyde Yancy.
The famous American cardiologist Dr. Clyde Yancy told about the seven steps, having done which, you can count on a long and healthy life. According to Dr. Yancey, the observance of these rules will help you to live to 90 and even to 100 years.
1. Be active. A sedentary lifestyle takes you, on average, four years. The less you move, the higher the risk of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Physical activity significantly reduces the risk of cancer.
2. Know your cholesterol levels. Don’t let fatty plaques to form inside the arteries. Regularly monitor cholesterol levels. The tolerable upper strap – 5,0, although many Russians this level is 5.7. They reduce their life expectancy by several years.
3. Follow a healthy diet. This is one of the main rules of life – we are what we eat. On average, Russians consume 10-15% of calories a day more than required. Our diet contains a lot of fatty, processed foods.
4. Follow blood pressure. We measure temperature with a thermometer, but the test pressure is perceived by many as exclusively a hospital procedure. After 45 years be sure to buy a tonometer to measure the pressure every day.
5. Keep a healthy weight. Nearly half of Ukrainians have problems with being overweight or obese. This is one of the major risk factors for heart disease and stroke. Life expectancy, on average, reduced by 4 years.
6. Avoid diabetes or keep it under control. Talking about acquired type 2 diabetes that usually develops in people who are overweight.
7. Do not smoke. 18% of smokers die from lung cancer, almost one in five. Do you think that will be in the “happy” 80%? But you can expect heart disease and blood vessels, aging skin, yellow teeth and many more. The life expectancy of a smoker, on average, reduced by 10 years.