Some harmless products on our table are very dangerous.
Who would have thought that nuts, tomatoes, salmon or potatoes should be consumed in limited quantities and with extreme caution.
We offer you the TOP-12 products that can be poisonous.
1. Raw cashews
Venom: allergic toxin urushiol, which is also found in poison ivy.
How active: causes an extremely painful skin rash.
Interesting fact: “raw cashews” in the supermarkets, in fact, treated with hot steam, kill caustic substance. But, when buying, choose only whole: the dried and shriveled already unfit for food.
2. Potatoes and tomatoes
In potato tubers contain a small amount (0.05%), but in green and sprouted potatoes its level significantly increased. Maximum concentration is reached in the sprouts and under the skin.
Dangerous solanine also contain immature green tomatoes. The level of toxin is reduced when the fruits begin to lighten, becoming whitish or slightly pinkish, and then they can be marinated and salted.
How it works: stimulates and then depresses the nervous system, impairs digestion. However, severe poisoning occurs only if you eat a few pounds of green tomatoes or unpeeled raw potatoes.
Symptoms: headache, weakness, confusion, diarrhoea and vomiting, and in severe cases convulsions and coma.
3. Farm salmon
Poison: 13 different toxic substances, including polychlorinated biphenyls, which belong to the group of persistent organic pollutants. One study found that farmed salmon levels are higher than in the wild.
How it works: suppresses the immune system, affects the skin, liver, kidneys, nervous system and even provoke the development of cancer. And the worst part is that these substances cause mutations, affecting the health of offspring.
Need to know: if there is farm salmon not more than 2 times a month, it will not harm health. But if you do not want to risk, it is best to switch to wild salmon.
4. Rhubarb leaves
Poison: oxalic acid.
How it works: pernicious forms crystalline deposits in the kidneys.
Symptoms: shortness of breath, nausea, diarrhea, pain in eyes, burning in the mouth and throat, red color urine.
Poison: toxic thujone, a large number of which contain essential oil of wormwood is the most important component of this drink.
How does: scatters the attention, and in large doses causes muscle spasms and cramps and is having a devastating effect on brain cells, kidneys and liver.
Interesting fact: that thujone causes hallucinations, and not proven (although many sources continue to say), and addiction to absinthe is harmful not so much because of the poison, but because of the alcohol.
Poison: cyanide contained in the leaves, stems and seeds.
How it works: if consumed unripe or improperly prepared berries, you can get severe diarrhea and even seizures.
Symptoms: after a few minutes may be headache, dizziness, drowsiness, low blood pressure, nausea and shortness of breath.
Venom: a neurotoxin that can filter only the perfectly healthy kidney.
How it works: affects the brain and nervous system, and people with troubled kidneys poisoned already from 100 ml of juice of carambola.
Symptoms: insomnia, seizures, hiccups, vomiting, numbness, muscle cramps, weakness and confusion.
8. Fruit seeds
Poison: prussic acid, which is present in cherry/cherry, apricot and peach pits and Apple seeds.
How it works: causes oxygen starvation of the tissues, disturbing the functions of the Central nervous system.
Symptoms: in acute poisoning in breathing, shortness of breath develops, the pressure increases and heart rate slows down. It is true that so severely poisoned you need to eat the flesh of these bones glasses.
Poison: myristicin – psychotropic substance that reduces the ability of brain cells to transmit nerve signals and causes unpleasant hallucinations.
How it works: used in large doses, leads to a strong heartbeat, cramps, and convulsions, dehydration and death. Moreover, the epilepsy can begin after the 5.6 grams, and one entirely eaten walnut evokes a sense of doom and psychosis.
Symptoms: agitation, confusion, headaches, nausea and dizziness, dry mouth, redness of the eyes and memory disorder.
10. Raw (unpasteurized) honey
Poison: andromedotoxin contained in the floral nectar of Heather plants.
How it works: disrupts cell receptors, first exciting and then inhibiting the Central nervous system that can result in death.
Symptoms: dizziness, weakness, excessive sweating, nausea and vomiting. Using honey in the human body gets not so much toxin, so the symptoms usually pass within a day. But still, eating raw honey tablespoons is a bad idea.
Poison: mercury that some fish and shellfish accumulate in your body.
How it works: this is an extremely dangerous chemical substance and its compounds are striking in the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, liver and nervous system. And the mercury even in small quantities poses a particular threat to a child’s development, so pregnant women, lactating mothers and children better just give up tuna.
Need to know: the heat treatment of the product does not destroy the mercury. In Brazil, China, Canada and some other countries among populations living fishing, up to 17 children per 1 thousand suffer from mental disorders.
12. Microwave popcorn
Poison: diacetyl, which contains the flavoring that gives popcorn the taste of butter.
How it works: under the impact of microwaves releases toxic fumes, interferes with the operation of the lungs.
Need to know: mainly risk are the workers of the factories-manufacturers, but can be poisoned at home, if you frequently get involved in popcorn and constantly inhale the steam when you open the package. Yet known one case where a man ruined his lungs, devouring popcorn in the house – though he prepared it twice a day for 10 years!