They are very useful.
Scientists at Oxford University discovered an interesting fact: vegetarians are at reduced risk of developing cataracts. It turned out that people whose menu is dominated by fresh vegetables and fruits are saturated in vitamins and minerals not only tissues and cells of internal organs, but also provide the best nutrition for the eyes.
Based on their observations, scientists have identified the most useful for eye products.
The products that are useful for vision
– Cabbage, spinach, broccoli and eggs are great sources of lutein and zeaxanthin – powerful antioxidants that protect against damage to the retina and reduce the risk of lens opacity.
Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C, e.g. oranges, peaches, strawberries, tomatoes and red pepper, and nettle help to maintain the tone of blood vessels of the eye and reduce the risk of developing cataracts.
– Peanut can replenish the body’s need for vitamin E. It protects the eyes from the harmful effects of free radicals and leads to decrease the progression of cataract. Vitamin E is also found in almonds, hazelnuts and seeds.
Red kidney beans contain zinc – a mineral that is vital for eye health. He is involved in the transport into the retina of vitamin A and maintenance of transparency of the lens. Zinc helps with night blindness. Other sources of zinc are oysters, beef, chicken, seafood and pumpkin seeds.
Salmon carries 2 types of omega-3 fatty acids – docosahexaenoic and eicosapentaenoic acid. They both play a critical role in preventing or suspending the development of eye diseases. The lack of omega-3 fatty acids contributes to the development of the syndrome of “dry eye”. Other sources of omega-3 – tuna, sardines, walnuts and Flaxseed.
– Foods with low carb diet dramatically reduces the risk of developing cataracts and macular degeneration. Products based on wheat flour, it is recommended to replace the dishes of whole grains, which are rich in fiber.
– You can also consume brown rice, oatmeal, bread made from bran or flour. To improve color and night vision, slow down the development of cataracts will help apricots, they have a lot of beta-carotene, which is converted in the body into vitamin A.
– Carrots, sweet potatoes, melons and pumpkins – all rich sources of beta-carotene.
– Honey – an indispensable source of essential minerals and vitamins. The most helpful view is considered white honey. Experts recommend to eat one teaspoon of honey in the morning, immediately after waking up. This should be done 15 minutes before meal and brushing teeth.
Combine all these foods, do not give preference to any one dish. Diversify your menu with greens, variety of vegetables, fruits and juices from them, only eat “good” carbohydrates and fats, eat more fiber. But red meat, oily fish, sugar and baking should be significantly reduced in your diet. It is also desirable to abandon sauces, marinades, smoked, pickles, strong tea and coffee.
Drinks, good for vision
From drinks recommended to give preference to green and herbal teas with thyme, chamomile, oregano, St. John’s wort, strawberry, non-carbonated mineral water, fresh-squeezed juices. They can drink up to half liter a day, and on hot days and during extended periods of work-related eye strain, the amount of fluid can be increased by 300-500 ml.
People with a predisposition to cataract, prophylactic daily is recommended to drink 50 ml of parsley juice mixed with 150 ml of carrot juice. Instead of carrots, or in addition to it, you can add 150-200 ml of freshly prepared beet juice, cucumber, celery, spinach.
Several recipes for juice:
Recipe No. 1: 10 parts carrot, 6 pieces of spinach.
Recipe No. 2: 7 pieces of carrot, celery, 3 pieces, 2 pieces of chicory and parsley.
Recipe No. 3: pure carrot juice.
Recipe No. 4: 9 parts carrot, celery 5 parts parsley 2 parts.
Recipe No. 5: 10 parts of carrot, beet and cucumber 3 parts.
These recipes can be alternated during the day allowed to drink up to 300-500 ml of any juice. To get the maximum benefit from the prepared beverage, it needs to cook at a time, carefully drain from the pulp and drink immediately. Only these juices can give the health of the eyes and to have a healing effect.
In small quantities it is useful in cataract and red natural wine.