Here is really worth a visit.
What are the places tourists visit most often? Journalists from Travel Leisure decided to find out. On the basis of data provided by agencies responsible for tourism in different countries, has compiled a list of the most visited tourist places in the world.
What place among tourists was the most popular?
30. Amusement Park Universal Studios Japan in Osaka, which was opened in 2001. It is annually visited by 10.1 million people. (Photo: [email protected]/flickr.com).
29. Amusement Park animal Kingdom Disney (Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Florida is the largest of all parks belonging to the Walt Disney World Resort. It is also the second largest amusement Park in the world. It is annually visited by 10.2 million people. (Photo: Ana Paula Hirama/flickr.com).
28. Disneyland Paris, which opened in 1992, and is located on the outskirts of Paris, in Marne-La-vallée. It is annually visited by 10.4 million people. (Photo: Cristian Bortes/flickr.com).
27 place. Sacré-Coeur, which is located on a picturesque hill of Montmartre in Paris. Its bell tower is one of the largest bells in the world. This Cathedral attracts 10.5 million people. (Photo: Son of Groucho/flickr.com).
26. The great wall of China (Wanli Changcheng) is the largest building structure of ancient China, consisting of defensive fortifications built at different times in order to protect the Northern border of the country from the nomadic peoples of the North. Annually it is visited by 10.7 million people.(Photo: Shutterstock).
25th place. St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican, which has 11 chapels, 45 altars and innumerable statues were created by the greatest architects and artists of the Renaissance and Baroque. Every year this place is visited by 11 million people. (Photo: Chris Yunker/flickr.com).
24. Walt Disney World Resort in lake Buena Vista, Florida. This Park, located on a plot of 12 hectares, is one of the largest entertainment complexes in the world. It is annually visited by 11.2 million people. (Photo: Evan Wohrman/flickr.com).
23. Promenade San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas. For a long time the waterfront was neglected and overgrown with weeds. However, the city decided to change that, and after investing 72 million dollars, has created the most beautiful place in the city, which attracts thousands of tourists and locals. Every year there come to 11.5 million people. (Photo: jjsala/flickr.com).
22. South street seaport in new York. Cobbled streets, buildings and waterfront, which in the NINETEENTH century formed the port district of new York, called the “street of sails” has become one of the most popular attractions of the city. Every year, this tourist centre is visited by 12 million people. (Photo: Patricia Hallstein/flickr.com).
21. Balboa Park is the largest tourist center in San Diego. There is a large number of museums and historical buildings of the XIX and XX centuries, built in the Spanish style with colorful gardens. Every year this place is visited by over 12 million people. (Photo: Osbornb/flickr.com).
20. The Golden gate Park located in San Francisco and covers an area of 4.1 square kilometers. It is visited by 13 million people a year. (Photo: Mila Zinkova/Wikimedia).
19th place. The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, which is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, is visited annually by 14 million people. (Photo: Shutterstock).
18. Tokyo Disney Sea amusement Park, the main motive of which were the various myths and legends associated with the sea. It is visited annually by over 14 million tourists. (Photo: JoshBerglund19/flickr.com).
17. National recreation area Golden gate bridge in San Francisco. This is the perfect place for a picnic and just relaxing in the countryside. Every year there come about 14.2 million people. (Photo: Frank Schulenburg/flickr.com).
16. The forbidden City in Beijing is the former residence of the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties, which is about 800 palaces. For five centuries the residence has been closed to the outside world. Every year it attracts 15.3 million people. (Photo: Shutterstock).
15. Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Every year there is a fun time of 16.2 million people. (Photo: HarshLight/flickr.com).
14. Disneyland Tokyo opened in 1983 and was the first disney theme Park outside the United States. Every year it is visited by 17.2 million people. (Photo: fortherock/lickr.com).
13. Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston is a bustling market where you can buy a variety of products from around the world. It is visited annually about 18 million people. (Photo by Masayuki (Yuki) Kawagishi/flickr.com).
12. Disney World’s Magic Kingdom in Orlando, which opened in 1971, is annually visited by 18.5 million people. (Photo: versageek/flickr.com).
11. Basilica of the virgin of Guadalupe in Mexico is the largest Church of the virgin Mary in the world, which is visited annually by 20 million people. (Photo: Janothird/wikimedia.org).
10. Grand Central station in new York is the largest train station in the world. Annually it is visited by 21.6 million people. (Photo: Rob Young/wikimedia.org).
The 9th place. Niagara falls from the canadian and American sides come to admire a total of 21.6 million people a year. No wonder, because this place makes a huge and lasting impression regardless of the season. (Photo: Michael Muraz/flickr.com).
8th place. Senso-JI is the oldest Buddhist temple in Tokyo, built in 628. Annually it is visited by 30 million people. (Photo: Wei-Te Wong/flickr.com).
7th place. The Meiji Jingu Shrine in Tokyo was built over 100 years ago in honor of Emperor Meiji and Empress shoken. Currently, it is visited at least 30 million people annually. Despite such a large number of visitors, where you can find peace and quiet. The temple is surrounded by forest, with more than 100 thousand trees. (Photo: Meiji Jingu/flickr.com).
The 6th place. Las Vegas Strip is part of Las Vegas with a length of about 6.8 kilometers. On the Las Vegas Strip are nineteen of the twenty-five largest hotels in the world by number of rooms. Las Vegas Strip is visited annually by 30.5 million people. (Photo: David Stanley/flickr.com).
5th place. Train station Washington — Union Station ranked fifth among the most visited tourist destinations in the world. Annually it is visited by 40 million people. (Photo: F Delventhal/flickr.com).
4th place. Central Park — a green symbol of new York. Every year, its streets is about 40 million people, which is the best place to stay on the grass in a densely built city. (Photo: Abir Anwar/flickr.com).
The 3rd place. Times Square in new York for many years headed the list of the most visited places in the world. In the latest ranking, however, he took only third place. Every year the most famous square in the United States visited by 50 million people. (Photo: MK Feeney/flickr.com).
2nd place. The zócalo (Constitution square) in Mexico city, is one of the largest in the world. It was founded by the conquistadors in the XVI century on the site where once stood the center of the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan. This is currently a very lively area where people like to sit on benches, stone steps or high curbs. Annually it is visited by 85 million people. (Photo: David Jones/flickr.com).
1 place in the ranking of the most visited tourist places in the world took the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. The Grand Bazaar is a huge maze of thousands of shops, stalls, fountains and cafes, and a mixture of scents, colors and people. At the Great Bazaar you can buy almost anything: clothes, trinkets, carpets, spices and even aphrodisiacs. Purchase here is a relentless bargaining and interesting adventure. Probably, therefore, the Grand Bazaar and is the most visited place in the world. Every year, shopping there makes 91,2 million people! (Photo: george ruiz/flickr.com).